UK Centre for Health, Safety and Wellbeing
The UK Centre for Health, Safety and Wellbeing through it's external consultancy, Stephen Palmer Partnership Ltd, is a Registered Royal Society for Public Health (RIPH) centre and is approved to offer RSPH qualifications programmes in the United Kingdom.
The Centre provides short courses and certificated programmes focusing on health education and promotion, health and safety, work and wellbeing. These include:
- Understanding Health Improvement (RSHP Level 2 Course)
- Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety in the Workplace (RSHP Course)
- Level 1 Award in Hazard Awareness (RSHP Course)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health (RSHP Course)
- Health and safety for managers
- Undertaking a risk assessment
- Undertaking a stress risk assessment
- Introductory programmes for Health Trainers and Health Coaches
- Environmental awareness
- Stress awareness for employees
- Stress awareness for managers and directors
- Primary Certificate in Stress Management*
- Primary Certificate in Occupational and Organisational Stress Management*
- Primary Certificate in Health Coaching*
- Certificate in Stress Management and Health Coaching*
These courses are run at our Centre in London and are available in-house for companies.
The UK Centre will consider undertaking research studies into performance, health and safety at work.
Director of the Centre is Professor Stephen Palmer PhD, a Chartered Health Psychologist and Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner.
The Research Director is Dr Siobhain O'Riordan PhD FIHPE. She is a Chartered Psychologist, Chartered Scientist and a Member of the Institute of Health Promotion and Education.